The paths are as follows - clockwise from Llanberis:
The Llanberis Path - This is the longest route, but is considered the easiest because the gradient for the most part is quite shallow.
The Pyg Track - The Pyg track starts at Pen-y-Pass car park and climbs up over Bwlch y Moch (Pig’s Pass) on the eastern side of Crib Goch.
The Miners’ Track This also starts at the car park at Pen-y-Pass and is the most popular route to the top of Snowdon.
The Watkin Path - This is regarded as the most demanding of the paths up to the summit.
The Rhyd Ddu Path - This is sometimes called the Beddgelert path. It starts from the village of Rhyd Ddu.
The Snowdon Ranger Path - The Snowdon Ranger Path starts from the A4085, at a youth hostel next to llyn Cwellyn, near the Snowdon Ranger Railway Station.
Snowdon by Train - AThe Snowdon Mountain Railway – built in 1894 - is not just a means to get to the top of Snowdon – it’s s tourist attraction in its own right.
At the Top - The first building at the top of Snowdon was built back in 1838. A new station and cafe was built in the mid-thirties and was designed by Sir Clough Williams-Ellis, the creator of the Italianate village at Portmeirion. That building was replaced in 2006 with the slate clad Hafod Eryri building that we see today.
(Please note that the facilities at the top of Snowdon are NOT open all year round, and the small café at Halfway House is open during the season and sometimes at weekends out of season. Penceunant Isaf Tea House is open 365 days of the year.)